Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Week in the MTC

Hi Everyone!!
 
This week has been fantastic! I had the opportunity to sing in the MTC choir, we sang Come Thou Fount. The director talked about the meaning of the lyrics. I don't have time to relay the whole story. But, you should read the story about the Israelites and the Ebenezer that they raised up as a reminder of their turning to God. The director suggested that our missions be an Ebenezer in our personal lives, so we can look back on this time of service and remember the joy that comes when you give your whole heart to the work of the Lord. As all of us missionaries sang with this thought on our mind, the song was so powerful and had a whole new meaning for me.

 
Also, I have focused this week on really being led by the Spirit in all that I do. I have found that service is by far the best way to get the Spirit by your side. As I pray to have charity I am able to feel the love that God has for each of us,his children. It is an amazing feeling. I know that God loves each of us more than we can imagine and he wants to hear everything about our lives. If we go to him with our questions, fears, hopes and dreams, he will lead us to answers, give us comfort and show us the potential we have to make our hopes and dreams reality

 
I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that He is my Savior and that through his atonement we can sincerely repent, be baptized, receive the Holy Ghost into our lives, and ultimately return to live with our Father in Heaven. I am so excited to share this knowlege with others and invite them to come unto Christ.

 
Please write often! I would love to hear from all of you!!
 
With Love,
Hermana Kimball