Monday, May 13, 2013

Kate's New Address at Provo MTC

Hi  Family and Friends!!
 
I am loving the MTC so much! In my district there are four sisters. We are all waiting on our visas so we can get to the Peru CCM. They are all wonderful sisters who are excited to share the Gospel with the world. And for some reason they were all allowed two suitcases and a carry-on, and a purse?? We all joke now about how I must be being sent to the middle of nowhere since I only was allowed one suitcase. I really am seeing the miracle it was that I fit everything on my list into just one suitcase! well at least I hope it is everything on my list!! 

Anyway, my companion, Hermana Marchant, is so sweet and fun! She is a swimmer and an artist and in our first lesson she bore a short but very strong testimony, in Spanish! Speaking of Spanish, mine is coming along. They say that you learn two languages at the MTC. First, of course, your mission language and more importantly you learn how to speak the language of the Spirit. Most missionaries say that if you can speak the language of the Spirit you don't need to worry about speaking Spanish. So I am focusing on having the Spirit of the Lord with me and really being able to hear, understand, and follow instructions received from the Lord. Our Sister Training Leader, Hermana Pearse (She is from Australia and has a beautiful accent), anyways she suggested that the fastest way to bring the Spirit is through prayer. I have read the scriptures for years that say to constantly have a prayer in your heart but just now I am realizing that that isn't an exaggeration. We really are supposed to be in Constant communication with the Lord! It will take some time for me to get there but the Spirit is really strong here at the MTC! Also,the days are busy here and I feel like I am either in my chair in the classroom, in the cafeteria, or asleep. I love all the time I have to study the scriptures. Having a solid hour to read my scriptures everyday I know will bring many blessings and increased understanding throughout my mission.

 I have also seen a number of people that I know here. It is always great to see a familiar face. Luckily, now the people I've known for two days have become familiar faces as well and its good to see them around the MTC campus. Today is our Preparation Day so Hermana Marchant and I got to plan out our own schedule a bit. We went to the gym early, too early actually because it was still closed, so we went back later. Exercising to the sound of conference talks and church videos will take some getting used to... it's quite a bit different from the beats I usually zone out to while running. Also, We get to go to the temple today!! I am so excited! The wife of one of the members of our Branch Presidency gave us her family names to take,so that should be a great experience! Last night we had interviews with the Branch President, President Peer. He is convinced that my visa should come in soon, I really hope he is right. I am just so excited to jump into the work! I know it will be hard, the days are already long but I also believe that it will definitely be worth it!

 
Also, here is my address, so send letters anytime!!
 
 Sister Katherine Rose Kimball
MTC Mailbox # 115
PER-CHI 0618
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793
 
Love,
Hermana Kimball