Friday, June 21, 2013


Familia y Amigos! 

This week has been wonderful! Since this was an extra week for me at the MTC my companion and I were able to have a little more freedom in scheduling our time. We decided to teach the new districts and to be "investigators" for other missionaries. It was a great learning opportunity for me. It made me realize that there is always work to be done. We all can draw closer to Christ and we all know someone who we can invite to come unto Christ. The work of the Lord is so fulfilling! I love sharing my beliefs with others; it fills my heart with love and strengthens me for the rest of the day.

Also, since my visa hasn't come, I have been reassigned!! I am so excited to serve in the Baton Rogue Louisiana Mission! The Lord has prepared people there to receive his gospel and I am thrilled to have the opportunity to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with the people of Louisiana! Plus, I have never been to the South, seen a bayou or seen a real live firefly, so I can't wait to experience those little things as well!! I leave the MTC next Tuesday and will hopefully know my new address soon! 

One thing that I  have really learned this week is trust, or faith, in the Lord.      The scripture Proverbs 3:5  came up so much this week. It says "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart" the verse continues on to tell you the blessing you will receive if you will truly trust him, but I will let you discover that on your own.  Faith or trust in Jesus Christ is the first principle of His gospel. Faith is essential. We show our faith by ACTING on it. If for example, you are a missionary and you are trying really hard to learn Spanish, then you must have faith. If you act on that faith by opening your mouth and testifying to others, then... the Lord will bless you with the ability to say what needs to be said in Spanish. I know this is true because I have seen it happen in my life. When I ACT in faith, believing that the Lord will follow through, He always comes through. Many things in life require leaps of faith, and when we confidently take that leap, we will be blessed!

This week I have also gained a greater testimony of the Book of Mormon. I read from the Book of Mormon daily and daily I am blessed with answers to my prayers from the words in the Book of Mormon. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. Every prophet in the Book of Mormon testifies of Christ. I know that Jesus Christ lives. He died for us so that we have the option to someday return to live in heaven with God. I know that Jesus Christ died for each of us. This sacrifice is the Atonement, and through the Atonement our burdens can be lifted, our sins forgiven, our pains healed, and our hurt consoled. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ our disappointments and sorrows can become Joy. God did not send us to the Earth to suffer; He sent us here to learn, grow, and most of all, to find JOY in this life. 2Nephi 2:25  I know that if we act on our Faith in Jesus Christ and use the Atonement daily in our lives. We will be on the path to once again live in eternal Joy with our loving Father in Heaven. I am so grateful for this knowledge and am so excited to share it with others. 

I love all of you and appreciate your support, love, and letters!
 

Love,

Hermana Kimball