Monday, July 22, 2013


Hola Familia y Amigos!
This week flew by so fast! I don’t have much time to write, but here are the highlights of the week.

1. For Pday we got to go to the BEACH!! It was awesome!! Not quite California, but beautiful in its own way.

2. The primary had a cultural activity (Independence Day is on the 28th of July here, but the whole month is dedicate to patriotism, fireworks, flags, and food). Anyways the activity was super cute. All of the little kids did Peruvian dances in adorable little outfits. They were all so darling. One of our little investigators (she is only 10) also danced and did a fantastic job. She definitely has some natural talent, and the little polka dot skirts were so cute!

3. Speaking of our darling investigator. She is only 10 but has so much faith. She reads the scriptures and prays so diligently. She truly loves the gospel and wants to be baptized. Unfortunately her parents do not agree, but we are working step by step to help them see the change in their daughter and recognize how the Gospel blesses families. 

4. Also this week we started our new plan for the Area. We are really trying to work with the members and more importantly have the members work with us. Many ward members have already volunteered to accompany us for set hours cada dia, it will be such a blessing!!

5. Also I realized that Its almost time for cambios and I still haven’t told you much about my companions. At least I don’t think I have. So, Hermana San Roman is from Arequipa, Peru. She is surprisingly just a few inches shorter than me, and she is hilarious. She has been in the area for quite a while. She loves the ward members so much and they all love her too, it’s wonderful and helps the work move along. My other companion is Hermana Sanders. She is from Virgin,Utah (a place that apparently is smaller than Panguitch??). She arrived in Peru the day before I did but she has already served for 6 months (in San Fernando, California) while she waited for her visa. She is so sincere and sweet and the ward members are so very grateful for her piano skills each Sunday.

I love working with two companions and I am so grateful to be a missionary. I love sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ and I love the abundance of Love that I feel for the people here. It is such a blessing.

Love,
Hermana Kimball