Sunday, August 25, 2013

Hola familia y amigos!!

This week was incredibly fast. We have focused our time on finding people to teach and it has been quite productive. There are lots of families here in which only half of the members of the family are members of the church. So we have been spending lots of time with them and helping them to understand the blessing of the gospel for their family. One of the young couples in the ward just had a new baby. They are working together to prepare to go to the temple so that their new family can be together for all of eternity. I love sharing this truth with these families. I know that families can be together for all eternity but I know that in order to obtain this blessing there is work to be done. First we must make and keep sacred covenants with the Lord. Through these covenants we promise to keep the commandments and always remember the sacrifice of our Savior Jesus Christ. Then in return our Heavenly Father promises us eternal life with our familias. Also, along with these covenants, families must be united. We cannot afford to let day to day life interrupt the relationship that we have with our family. I know that family prayer is a link stronger than anything. I know that blessings come through prayer and especially through prayer as a family. Prayer is a great act of faith and there are few things more beautiful than a family kneeling together in prayer, united in their thanks and humbly pleading to God for their needs. I know that our Father in Heaven hears our prayers and I know that He answers them. We can receive revelation for our lives through humble prayers. For me revelation and answers to my questions often come through prayer, scripture study and church attendance. Recently my companion and I have begun attending each church meeting with a question in mind. In fact we now refer to meetings as "moments to receive revelation", and it is so true. We have received lots of revelation and as we apply what we receive, we are blessed with even more direction. It truly is amazing!

Write often!

Con Amor,
Hermana Kimball