Sunday, September 8, 2013


Hola,

Faith. This week was all about faith. We taught lessons on faith, we studied faith, we heard talks on faith, and we used a whole lot of faith. I really understand now that faith in Jesus Christ is not only a belief or confidence but rather it is the motivator that leads us to action. If we truly have faith we will act. A favorite example of mine is with the lame man. After Christ said that the man was healed, the lame man had enough faith in Christ to try to walk. And in this moment when he acted on his faith, then, and only then, did the miracle occur. I love Alma´s discourse on faith in the Book of Mormon Alma Chapter 32 in Verse 27 it says “awake and arouse your faculties, even unto an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith." I love this because Alma really expresses the necessity to act. We must act in faith. I know that when our faith is centered in Jesus Christ we will have the strength to act, to keep the commandments, pray always, and repent daily. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and I absolutely love sharing it with the people here in Peru. Already I have seen acts of faith bless many lives including my own. I encourage you to act in faith, to pray and to really think about whether you walk by faith or if you rely solely in your own sight. God´s view of the world is much more grand than our own. If we walk by faith we will see miracles. 

Con Amor,
Hermana Kimball