Sunday, September 29, 2013

Monsefu Week two

Monsefu week 2. This week I actually spent more time outside of Monsefu
than in Monsefu. On Wednesday Hermana Vargas, my companion, traveled to
 Lima to do paperwork so she can get her visa for her real mission in
 Argentina. It is exciting but sad,she will probably leave within a few
weeks so I will be getting a new Monsefu week 2. This week I actually spent more time outside of Monsefu
than in Monsefu. On Wednesday Hermana Vargas, my companion, traveled to
 Lima to do paperwork so she can get her visa for her real mission in
 Argentina. It is exciting but sad,she will probably leave within a few
weeks so I will be getting a new companion before transfers are up.
Anyways, while she was in Lima I spent a couple of days in San Felipe. It
 was so much fun to be back in my first area to visit with the people there
 and to recognize how I have progressed in these last few months. Also we
 spent a day in Pimentel (it is a beautiful beach town). We had a "Mormon
 Battalion" where all of the missionaries in my zone went to Pimentel and
 knocked doors and contacted people in the street. I was paired up with
 Hermana Hanson (from Aliso Viejo) we loved knocking the doors along the
boardwalk.. its was almost like a bit of California coastline, we loved
every minute and met some wonderful people. One man in the street asked if
we knew the purpose of life here on the Earth. We were so happy to share
with him that indeed we do know why we are here on the Earth, and in fact
we also know where we came from and what will happen after this life. He
was so glad that he had asked and we loved sharing our testimonies with
him.

When Hermana Vargas and I returned to Monsefu Friday evening we were
greeted by the news that a ward member who works in a firework factory had
an accident at work and his face arms and chest were covered in second and
third degree burns. As we visited members that evening many were
disheartened by the news and did not understand why this family had to
endure such trials. The next morning Branch President informed me that I
was on the schedule to give a talk the following day at church. He
suggested I speak on missionary work, but in the wake of the accident  I
was leaning more towards a talk on the need for trials in this life. I
decided on the second option, but as I sat on the stand Sunday morning I
still didn't feel quite right with the talk that I had written. As the first
 speaker was finishing up his talk on missionary work I finally received the
 words that I needed to say. I was so grateful for the inspiration. I spoke
 about Joseph Smith in Liberty Jail and his pleas to the Father.  D&C 121
Also, I shared the Lords response to Joseph, that these
 trials are to help us grow and,if we endure them well we will receive
 exaltation. And, as President Monson said we can overcome any trial if we
 are faithful to our covenants. In
 Mosiah 18  we read about the covenant, or promise we make at Baptism. Mainly
 we promise to be witnesses of God at all times, in all things and in all
 places, or in other words we promise  to share the gospel. Hopefully you
followed that chain of thought, but if not. Basically, in order to
 overcome the trials of this life we must share the gospel. I know that if
we are looking outside of ourselves and seeking to help others to come unto
 Christ, our burdens will be lightened. Trials will not disappear, we need
 them in order to learn and grow, but we will have a greater capacity to
 overcome the trials that will come. I was so grateful for the opportunity to
 share these thoughts with the people here in Monsefu . And I am so grateful
 for the covenants that I have made. I know that when we make and keep our
part of the covenants, God is bound to keep his part. The hope that I have
for the future comes from the covenants that I have made with my Father in
Heaven.

I love this opportunity that I have to dedicate all of my time to the Lords
work of Salvation. I promise that as each of you make an effort to share
your belief of God with others, your faith will increase and you will feel
the Love of God more in your life. I am so grateful for the knowledge I
have that God lives and that His son Jesus Christ atoned for the sins of
the world. I know that all of the in just things in this world can be made
right through the atonement of Jesus Christ. He lives and loves us. We
must turn to Him and allow the Atonement to Change our Hearts.

Con Amor,
Hermana Kimball

P.S.
Write often!  Getting letters really is the best thing EVER!!!  :D