Sunday, September 1, 2013


 

This weekend one of the investigators of the Elders in our area was baptized. We accompanied the Elders to the lesson the day before her baptism; it was so wonderful to hear her testimony and to feel the Spirit in the room as she testified of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is so fun to watch a baptism, to see the joy fill her eyes as she came up out of the water, completely clean. I know that the covenant of baptism is a commandment from God. And I know that as we faithfully keep our part of the covenant, as we strive to be witness of Jesus Christ in every moment, then we will be blessed beyond measure by our loving Father in heaven. 

 

Also this week we started teaching a great family of teenage girls. The first lesson we talked about the prophet and gave them a For the Strength of Youth pamphlet with the invitation to read whatever portion they found interesting. When we returned the second time they had chosen to read about modesty. It was perfect to talk with these young women about the importance of modesty and to help them understand their divine nature as daughters of a loving Heavenly Father. I know that we are all children of a loving Heavenly Father and that we have a potential greater than we can comprehend. However, there is work to be done if we want to achieve all that we can achieve. We must keep constant watch over the small and simple things, the day to day tasks that carry us along the path to perfection. This week I was reading the conference talk "My work and my glory” by Elder Ballard   in the talk I loved the story about the little girl and her tomato plant. In the beginning she saw the grand potential of this little plant. However, she lost sight of that, and the little plant nearly died. But with a little light and water she was able to revive the `plant and again saw the potential of the little plant.  The talk explains that Christ is the light of the world and that if we come unto him we can once again see our potential and work to reach it. I know that through the atonement of Jesus Christ all things are possible. We are never outside of his reach and he is always walking beside us. I also know that our Heavenly Father wants to hear from each and every one of us and I know that he answers our prayers. I invite each of you to start today the habit of praying every morning and every night. Prayer is to be a conversation with God. As I learned in seminary, it is essential to take the time to turn of the Noise of the world. Pray with all of your heart, then stop and feel the comfort. I know that Prayer brings peace to the wounded, hope to the discouraged, and strength to the weak. I love you all. Keep me updated in all that you do. 

Con Amor,

Hermana Kimball