Sunday, February 9, 2014

Feel the Spirit

Happy Groundhog´s Day! 
I tried explaining that holiday to some Peruvians.. but it didn´t quite make sense to them. But really, I´m not sure if it makes much sense to me either. 

Anyway, this week was rocking!! So many members helped us out. They came visiting with us, they gave us fresh fruit, they offered us free rides in their motos. A new excitement for missionary work has infused not only in our apartment but the whole branch as well. We are pumped to see what these last few weeks of transfers will bring. Also this week a hermano who we have been praying, and fasting, and praying for, and teaching, finally came to church. We absolutely love his family. His daughters are already members and his wife wants to be baptized, they just need to get married first. I know that he knows this gospel is LA VERDAD.. but I don´t think he has really felt it in his heart. We can know all there is to know about this church, but if we never take the time to ponder, and feel the power of the Holy Ghost we will never act. The job of the Holy Ghost is to bear testimony of the reality of the Living Christ and of his Atonement. I have often felt the Spirit as I testify of Christ. I feel my heart fill with peace.  The love, peace, happiness, and joy that we feel are testimony from the Holy Ghost. It is IMPERATIVE  that we take the time to stop and feel the spirit. In Seminary, Brother Bollard always said.. Turn off the noise.  That truly is necessary. The Spirit is the catalyst for action. When we feel the Spirit we feel the need to act on what we know to be true. I have felt the Spirit testify to me that Christ Lives and that he loves us. I invite you all to pray, read, meditate, and pay attention to how you truly feel. The Spirit wants to be your constant companion, invite Him into your life, allow him to guide you!

Con Amor,
Hermana Kimball