Sunday, May 18, 2014

Happy Mothers Day.

Hey Everyone!!!

Happy Mother´s Day!! This week we did lots of service activities. One sister asked my companion, Hermana Kingsford, to clean the dust from the top of the windows because the short little Peruvian sister couldn´t quite reach. I had a good laugh watching the sweet little sister as she stared in awe as Hermana Kingsford reached up to clean even the highest patches of dust. 
  It was a simple activity, but it got me thinking deeper about how sometimes our lives our similar. Often we recognize mistakes that we have made in life but, like little patches of dust, they are just out of our reach. We cannot clean them off ourselves. We cannot erase those mistakes alone. In order to be completely cleansed we need the intervention of someone else. We need the help of someone grander than us who has all reaching power. We need a Savior. 
God has provided us a Savior, Jesus Christ. His sacrifice is all reaching and can cleanse the mark of any mistake. I am awed by the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. He taught us how to repent and He declared that He "suffered these things for all that they might not suffer if they would repent" (Doctrine and Covenants 19:16). I know that through repentance we can heal even the deepest wound in our hearts. I pray that each of you goes to your Heavenly Father in prayer and begs for that healing. I promise that if you do so, in faith and humility, you will feel the tender healing power of Christ´s Atonement in your life. I know it´s true because I have felt that same power enter into my heart and heal my personal wounds. 

Trust in the Savior. Know that He Lives!
And, may all your thoughts, words, actions and hopes be done to glorify your loving Father in Heaven.

Con Amor,

Hermana Kimball