Sunday, May 4, 2014

Prophet of the Restoration

This week we watched the Joseph Smith; Prophet of the Restoration movie... a lot. It was marvelous to feel the truth of that message time and time again. Saturday night we watched the movie with a teenage girl. She always reads the chapters we left, but her prayers often were much less than heartfelt. After watching the first 10 minutes of the Restoration video her eyes lit up. We paused the video and asked how she was feeling. The typically quiet young girl spouted off a list of thoughtful questions. "What did God say to José Smith?" "How can I know if this is true?" She eagerly searched the scriptures with us as we responded to her questions. As we knelt together in prayer with her, the words she spoke carried great conviction. She wanted to know the truth and she knew that God was going to give her an answer. Her prayer came from the depths of her heart and I know that in these days that follow, God will testify to her of the truth of the message of the Restoration. 
    Another family was similarly struck by the video. They all were captured by the scenes of the video, and moved by the deep faith of the young Joseph Smith. Following the movie the young father expressed his amazement and the feeling of peace that filled him as he watched the miracle of the Restoration unfold. 
I too feel the peace that the Restoration brings into our lives. I am so thankful for the young boy who truly desired to know the truth. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true Church on this earth. I know it is God´s church. It has His Priesthood Power. It is organized in His way. There is a living prophet on the Earth today. I am so grateful for this knowledge. I know it, because I have lived the truths taught and seen the miracles. I know it because I have seen the blessings in my life. I know it because I have felt it. Search the scriptures. Ponder the doctrine. Pray. You can know!

Con Amor,
Hermana Kimball