Sunday, June 8, 2014

Faith through Trials

I heard a quote this week that I absolutely loved. A bother in the ward said. "Straying away from the Church while you are passing through a trial is like leaving your house when it is pouring rain. It just isn´t logical" The simplicity of the statement is what hit me. No one ever said that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is an easy path to follow. In fact many find that being a true Christian means that we carry the burdens of others.  I am so grateful for the sure foundation that the Gospel gives me. When we follow Christ, He doesn´t take away our trials, rather He gives us the method to overcome our trials. All challenges are opportunities to learn and to progress. I invite those of you who are passing through trials to find shelter in the Gospel. Don´t let the downpour of difficulties distract from the Hope we find in Christ. I love this work. It is such a joy to share my beliefs with the people here in Peru, to offer them the path to happiness the Christ has shown us. I am amazed by the love that Heavenly Father showed when He sent His Son to the Earth to atone for each of us. I know Christ lives, He is our Savior. His Atonement has the power to change our hearts, our lives, and our perspective. I have felt that power in my own heart. I am so grateful for the eternal perspective that I have cultivated, because when trials come I can see that it is just a small moment, I find strength from Christ to pass through the downpours and then He helps me to learn from each difficulty.
Pray Always, Trust in the Lord, and Just Be YOU!

Con Amor,
Hermana Kimball