Sunday, June 22, 2014

Hope


 

Hey Everyone!

   Today I was studying about HOPE. It is a word we use often... for example “I hope we make it on time" or” I hope mom made something good for dinner", or "I hope it doesn´t rain today". However, when we talk of the Hope that Christ offers it is infinitely more than a passing daily wish. Hope is a firm trust that God will grant us the blessings that He has promised. My greatest Hope is that I will gain eternal life. For me eternal life means that I will be with my family forever, I will continue to progress with them and will have the opportunity to reach my divine potential. I know that God loves us, the greatest gift he has to offer is eternal life and He has prepared the way for us through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. While we are here on Earth, we must have faith in Christ, repent of our mistakes, keep the commandments and make covenants with God. If we do this, we will have the firm Hope of eternal life. Hope truly is "an anchor of the soul" (Hebrews 6:19), it is what keeps our vision set in the eternities.  

  So many of the people I come in contact with on a daily basis are extremely stressed about the trials of today. They are discouraged with today and worry about what tomorrow will bring. I have learned, that when we look at life’s challenges, with the perspective of the eternities, we realize that the tough moments help us progress and that if we are willing to keep the commandments... daily happiness is within our reach. 

 
Have faith! Pray Always! Count your Blessings!

 
Con Amor,

Hermana Kimball