Sunday, August 10, 2014

New Mission President

This week was WONDERFUL!!!  President Williams and his wife came to Cajamarca to interview all of us. It was fun to be able to talk with each of them and Hermana Williams brought homemade chocolate chip cookies (I haven’t seen those in FOREVER!!). But the best part was the energy and spirit that accompanied them. There is no doubt that they were chosen by God to come here to Peru and lead all of us missionaries! 
Also, this week, in our grand search for new people to teach, we met a lot of interesting individuals. I absolutely love contacting new people because everyone is so different. It is tough when some blatantly reject our message. However, it makes me so happy when we find someone who craves the happiness that this gospel brings because I get to watch the hope of Christ light up their whole being. The change of perspective is truly a beautiful blessing. Today in our zone preparation day we did some practices, and one of the elders shared a great scripture. The chapter (Helaman15:6-7) talks about the Lamanites, a people hardened by their sins, and spiritually lost, blinded by the incorrect traditions of their ancestors. But, due to the diligence of some incredible missionaries, many of the Lamanites began to change. They started reading the words of the prophets..and believed on them. This belief increased their desire to repent and they ultimately received a change of heart. That change of heart is something that we must experience. For me a change of heart comes by living the Gospel (keeping the commandments, fulfilling covenants, and repenting when we slip up). We feel that change of heart when, like the people of King Benjamin, we "have no more disposition to do evil, but to do good continually." (Mosiah 5:2). I have felt the power of the Atonement change the desires of my heart. I want to follow my Savior. I know His Gospel is the truth and I pray that I may be firm in always fulfilling my part of the covenants that I have made with God. I know that Jesus Christ is my Redeemer. Trust in Him; allow the truth to change your heart. 

Con Amor,
Hermana Kimball