Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sunday Service

This week we committed a lot of families (less actives and investigators) to come to church. All week we were reminding them, Saturday we called them, and Sunday morning bright and early we were knocking on their doors... no one came. We went to church alone and a bit sad. But ten minutes into the meeting, Rosa walks in...she came on her own! Hermana Rasmussen and I were grinning from ear to ear. It´s not that we want to reach a certain number of people in the chapel, nor is it essential to fill up all the classroom. Rather, we invite people to church because there is a special spirit there that we want them to feel. The peaceful environment at church has opened up my heart to receive so many answers to my prayers and I want the investigators to receive that personal revelation from God as well. Also, one of the main reasons we go to church is to take the sacrament as Christ taught (Luke 22:19-22 and 3 Nephi 18:1-11) It is a weekly reminder of the atoning sacrifice of Christ. It is a sacred ordinance through which we renew the covenants, or promises, that we have made with God. This week in a lesson with Yolanda, a recent convert, we were talking about the importance of the sacrament. After reading together 3 Nephi 11:14-15 she shared with us her sincere testimony of the significance of the sacrament. She has recognized much of the symbolism and has come to "know of a surety" that Jesus Christ is her personal Savior. I too know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I have felt the healing power of the Atonement in my life and I am so grateful for the opportunity I have each week to go to the chapel, rejoice in the special spirit there and renew the covenants that I have made with my Father in Heaven.

I invite you, this week, to ponder on a question, ask God in prayer, then go to church..and I promise that at church you will receive an answer to your question!

Study the Scriptures! Pray often! Trust in the Lord!

Con Amor,
Hermana Kimball