Sunday, September 28, 2014

Trust in God


Hey Family and Friends,
  So I am still loving life here in Peru, I cannot believe how fast the time flies. Hermana Rasmussen and I are rocking the world here in el barrio Atahualpa. This week was a trial of faith, and quite a rollercoaster ride. Luckily, we have the promise that those who "put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials." (Alma 36:3). Some of the days when all plans fell through, and the streets were empty because of the rain, it was tough. Then a couple of our progressing investigators suddenly digressed and one investigator decided that she didn’t want to do anything anymore, and another investigator disappeared... all of that can be rather discouraging. Especially, because I love the people here, I know the gospel will make them happy, and when their spiritual growth is stunted by excuses, it is hard to accept. Those were not happy lessons to walk out of. But I know that every trial has a purpose. As the Lord declared, “My people must be tried in all things, that they may be prepared to receive the glory that I have for them, even the glory of Zion." (D&C 136:31). I know that if we trust in the Lord during the trials we learn even more. I know that Christ has suffered all things for us, and so through him we can have joy. (Isaiah 53:4-5).
I have felt divine support this week, and I am so very grateful for the many tender mercies and daily answers to prayers that I have been given from God. I know that this is His work. 

Trust in Him! 

Con Amor,

Hermana Kimball